Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fitness Friday: BodyRock.tv

So I know I've missed out on my FF the last couple of weeks, but I've been struggling with motivation for working out, and my meals haven't been exciting enough to share with you. But I think I've definitely something that could help alleviate my problem with workout motivation, and I thought I'd share it with you.




I discovered BodyRock a few years ago when I was hitting up YouTube for some at-home fitness inspiration. After watching a couple of videos I was immediately drawn to the concept. Unlike the popular belief that you have to work out for hours on end every day to get the fitness level you want, BodyRock's basis is that through fast, high-intensity workouts, split into intervals (usually a minute, or two, followed by a quick rest interval of 10-20 seconds) is enough to give you your fitness boost for the day. Each workout is only around 10-20 minutes in length, and there are videos targeting different areas of the body, as well as a breakdown of the workout, with varying levels of difficulty offered. I think that the workouts are great, I'm usually dead after a 20 minute one.

They regularly hold 30-day challenges, and I've decided to give the January one a go. The 30-day challenge is where they challenge you to workout from Monday-Friday with their provided workouts for 30 days, measuring your fitness on the first day of the month, and then the last day of the challenge, so you can see how far you've come. I think this is great because people nowadays are drawn to immediate results, and this is a sure fire way to get people interested. Of course, as with anyone wishing to lose weight or tone up, you have to be eating clean as well as exercising. No point working your butt off if you're still eating chips and cookies every day!

The fantastic thing about BodyRock is that it's free! And they're constantly uploading new workouts, plus they have a huge archive of older ones, so there's no chance you'll get bored. The biggest thing to do is to just get started and keep going with it.


What is your favourite type of workout? Have you tried anything from BodyRock? Please tell me I'm not the only one struggling to exercise this winter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment