Monday, June 3, 2013

Magical May Favourites

I am so glad to see the end of May! The only reason being that my beau is due to arrive in a few days time and I have absolutely been suffering as I've been waiting for time to go past (over 5 months since I've seen him, yo). I actually have been using and lurving a lot of things in May, my birthday kind of included, and although not all of them are going to be featured this month, as I don't want to overwhelm you guys with the product awesomeness, they will probably pop up in my next month's favourites!

I bought a couple of nice things for my birthday, and one of these things is (don't judge) a fancy tea. It's rhubarb and strawberry flavoured and it is just such so gorgeous I make sure I brew myself a cuppa almost every day. Let me tell you how it tastes; it's strawberry heaven with a hint of bitterness kicking in from the rhubarb and after it glides down your throat this creamy strawberry taste is left in your mouth. Pretty delicious sounding, eh? It is. Oh, it really is. The tea is made by the Japanese company Lupicia, and whilst it is available in quite a few places around Japan, it is also available in the States, Tawian, and in Melbourne, Aus. The store is always fun to pop into to grab a small free sample of whatever tea they're promoting at the time and stick your schnoz into all the sample pots and have a sniff of the wonderful aromas. I didn't realise just how much I would fall in love with this tea, but it won me over when I was having birthday cake with my friend at a cafe.

Boil me, now! It screams.
My next favourites are, again, non-beauty related. I have been missing my Kiwi-a-gogo land, along with my lovely friends, and I happened to get an awesome package of them with these two very Kiwiana products which I am so happy to have in my life right now. I figuratively weep whenever I make my toast and swipe my Marmite across it, or douse whatever I'm eating with my Kaitaia Fire hot sauce. SO GOOD TO EAT IT. If you've not heard of Marmite, it's the same dealio as Vegemite. If you've not heard of either, they're both a yeast extract spread (the only kind of yeast you want near in you) which is a by-product of beer brewing. It's very good for you as it contains a lot of iron, niacin (vitamin B3), folic acid and thiamin, all essential to helping protect your nervous system, and kidney and liver function. The taste is very unique and salty. You want to have a light hand when spreading this on your toast. It tastes amazing accompanied with cheddar cheese, and this is my favourite way of eating it (though I've been having it sans the cheese as good cheese is hard to come by in Japan unless you pay in gold for it).

Maaaaate, dig in!
And now, finally onto the beauty stuff. From L-R, let's get on it!

1. MAC Margin Frost Blush - I was obsessed with reading Tali's blog (The Gloss Goss) from back in the days, and although she unfortunately stopped blogging completely and deleted her blog (why Tali, why? At least let us have your old posts to read and re-read!), and I was watching Zara's video of her favourite blushes (from the blog Mouldy Fruit)(she is so gorgeous!), and she mentioned that this is one of the blushes that Tali wears, so being the nerdo that I am, I bought one for myself. I was just hoping that it would transform me into a lush beauty, and whilst it did not do that, it did turn my cheeks lovely. You have to have a light hand with it as it is very pigmented. Review coming up soon!

2. Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water - This bottle I was gifted by the most wonderful friend of mine in prep of my trip to Serbia last year. Although I think these bottles of water are ridiculously overpriced, they are a wonder on a long-haul flight. I've also often been reaching for it now that the weather has warmed up and it's just such a lovely, refreshing thing to mist over your face in the morning when you're trying to get your game face on for the day. It's sadly almost run out and I'm debating with myself whether I should splurge on the big bottle. #firstworldproblems

3. Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Perfume - I absolutely adore green tea in all its many forms: as the tea that you would just drink, the frappucino and latte from Starbucks, green tea in its ice cream form, green tea milk, green tea cookies, green tea cake, and obviously, green tea perfume. This is such a perfect spring/summer perfume as it's so fresh and light, it puts me in such a happy place when I spritz it on. It's also on the cheaper side of perfumes which makes me happy, and as you can see, I will need to repurchase it very soon!

4. Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 21 - I've actually been in love with this BB cream for a while, but I kept forgetting to put it into a favourites list, goodness knows why. Again, it was a birthday present from one of my friends (gosh, my friends do certainly know what I like, don't they!). It's just pure magic, I just haphazardly slap it on my face over my moisturiser, and although at first it looks far too pale to be the right colour for my face, (this is where the magic kicks in) it changes colour over the course of 5-10 minutes and becomes like a second skin. It covers up the discolouration on my face and leaves it looking beautifully glow-y. I also love it because it stays put, and it's got SPF42 plus PA+++ which means it has you covered on both the UVA and UVB rays. Score!
Isn't my blush a beaut?
So, my lovely-lovely lovelies, tell me what was your favourite of May? How do you feel about my favourites (please tell me they're all wonderful)?

No comments:

Post a Comment