Although I'm constantly lurking in the blogsphere, the weather has prevented me from being able to take pretty much any photos of things I've bought recently (and not so recently!) and review them. Boo. How did I pick one of the most precipitate places in Japan to live? So I was tagged by the lovely, amazing Monica from The Total Opposite to do this tag, and heck, I'm gonna do it.
Copy and paste THE RULES:
1) You must state this tag was created by Megan at TheBeautyPier.
2) You must tag at least one person to do this. However, the more the merrier!
3) Let the person know you tagged them with a comment on their blog.
4)Title this post 'Influences of the Internet TAG!'
1. Did other blogs convince you to start up your own?
Yes, for sure! I would never have thought of starting up a beauty blog prior to reading them. Unfortunately, a couple of the people I first started following have stopped blogging, like, Tali from The Gloss Goss, but luckily, Laure from the Liparazzi blog is still here and has really developed since I first started reading her posts!
2. Have you joined a site because someone else in the blogosphere did?
Yes...I was never really someone that was into Twitter, but I liked the fact that I could keep more on top of what my favourite beauty gurus were up to! (Stalker, much?)
3. Is there a tip/regime you've gotten from the internet that you now use?
Too many to name, actually! They're all beauty related - I was a complete beauty noob prior to entering the world of beauty blogs. But a recent regime I have taken up is using oils on my face - I love supporting New Zealand brands so the Antipodes Joyous Protein-Rich Night Replenish Serum (phew, what a mouthful!) is the one I'm currently using.
4. If your favorite YouTube/Blogger personality likes a product, will that make you buy it?
Ohhhh yes, I think 99% of my purchases are beauty gurus recommendations/loves. But I always make sure I read a trillion reviews before purchasing.
5. What do you look for in a blog that makes you want to follow?
Content and personality. I like a blog that shows what kind of person behind the screen is. Whilst I do love an eye pleasing set out of a blog, I don't mind if it's not the best if the person is interesting.
6. Have you ever been deceived by a product that you ordered online? (e.g you thought it would be pink but it was coral)
Not really, that's why I look at the photos of swatches and FOTD's.
7. Have promo pictures and press releases given you the impression that a product will be better than it is?
Of course, the marketing team will try to talk up a product as much as possible. I don't actually pay any attention to new products, if someone is talking about it, I'll go check out reviews of said product.
8. Is there a product you could give a 'cult' status for being so good that you discovered through the internet?
YES, I HAVE ONE. (I was thinking about this for so long). The Possets oil perfume Ribbands is actually the most amazing scent, it's LE so you can only get it during Christmas, and my word, if it's not the most delicious thing you've ever smelt, then I'm a fool. It smells of chocolate and juicy raspberries, like, for real face. This absolutely deserves cult status, in my opinion.
9. Is there a product you have tried and hated, but others have loved?
Same as Monica, Maybelline The Falsies Mascara! I bought it because my sister said all her friends love it, but I tried it on, immediately took it off and swapped her it for her Covergirl LashBlast Fusion mascara. My HG mascara! (Review here).
10. Is there a Blogger/YouTuber that influences your fashion style? If so, who?
Yes, so many of them! The two UK Laura's dress exactly how I'd like to! Laura from buy now, blog later just has impeccable, classy taste and I drool over every fashion post of hers, and Laura from Liparazzi has this edgy, chic but still professional look that I also adore. Corrie from Dizzybrunette3 is so pretty, and I love her for her love of shorts! The drop-dead gorgeous Eastern European beauties: Zorana from Zorannah's Fashion Corner definitely has a look I would love to have, very edgy and rock, and Tamara from The Glam and Glitter is just stunning and chic. And how can I leave out Shannon from shaaanxo, she is gorgeous, funny and wears a lot of things I'd love to own (and she's from New Zealand, yay!).
11. Is there a Blogger/Youtuber that influences your attitude each day/lifestyle?
Recently, there have been a few fitness blogs that have really changed my attitude towards healthy eating and how to get the kind of physique I've always wanted. I follow them on Instagram, so if you follow me on there, you'll be able to see who I'm following.
12. How much time do you spend on the internet daily?
I'm not going to tell you because you'll actually just choke on your spit reading it the answer, and then you'll try to take my death grip off my laptop. Let's just say LDR suck.
So, that's it! I tag each and every single one of you who wants to do this. I'd love it if you linked me to your post, just leave a comment down below!